Sheet Pan Quesadillas
Using this method allows you to prepare multiple quesadillas for a family or when entertaining guests. These are also perfect for freezer meals. I freeze them for my husband's lunch. That way he can just heat and eat.
Avg Cost Per Serving $2.90
Avg Recipe Cost $17.40
- 2 half sheet pans
- 1 Pastry Brush
- 2 Cutting Boards 1 for chicken and 1 for veggies
- 3 Chef Knives or 2 knives and 1 pizza cutter
- 7-8 Flour Tortillas (large)
- 2 Cups Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Spinach
- 2 Cups Peppers
- 1/2 Cup Onion
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Wash your peppers
- Chop the onion
- Cook your Peppers and Onions together in a small frying pan with the olive oil and set aside
- Layer the tortillas on the baking sheet so that they over lap the sides of the pan all around making sure there are no gaps between them on the pan.
- Add half of the cheese evenly by sprinkling it or laying it out strategically
- Add the pre-cooked chicken
- Add the spinach leaves
- Add the peppers and onions
- Add the spices
- Add the rest of the cheese
- Melt the butter
- Fold the edges of tortillas back over onto the sheet pan, covering all the toppings. Leave no gaps, leave no topping exposed.
- Brush the tops of all the quesadillas wit the melted butter
- Place the second sheet pan over the top of the quesadillas and press firmly
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes
- Take from the oven, and let them sit up for a minute or two, remove the top baking sheet
- Place a large cutting board that is at least the size of your baking sheet over the top of the quesadillas and flip the pan onto the cutting board
- To make triangle shaped quesadillas, first cut them into squares the size of sandwich bread then cut on an angle. To make snack sized simply cut again.
- Serve with your favorite salsa, sour cream, green onion, or black olives the sky is the limit when it comes to dressing these quesadillas up. (Toppings are not included in nutritional or cost information.)
Serving: 2eachCalories: 407kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 16gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 1012mgPotassium: 267mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1396IUVitamin C: 42mgCalcium: 347mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!