This is not your plain old ramen noodle lunch. Although the recipe is quite simple, using the packet of noodles from your favorite grocery store. If you eat meat, use the beef pho base and add chicken. If you prefer this to be more plant based simply use the vegetable pho base Either way, the earthy taste of the mushrooms will add that umami flavor to what is normally a plain soup.The cilantro add brightness and if you like spice just add a little Sriracha sauce!
Avg Cost Per Serving $2.02
Avg Recipe Cost $4.05
- 1 Small to Medium Sauce Pan
- 1 Packet Ramen Noodles
- 2.5 Cups Pho Broth
- 2 Ounces Chicken cooked
- 1/3 Cup Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion
- 2 Tbsp Green Onion
- 1/3 Cup Cilantro
- Wash the cilantro
- Wash the mushrooms
- Chop the cilantro
- Slice the onion
- Slice the mushrooms
- Add Pho broth and seasoning packet to a medium sized pot cook on med- high heat until it comes to a simmer
- Add the ramen noodles and then the onion (If you like raw onion you can add 2/3rd and reserve some for after the soup is cooked)
- Cook for 2 minutes stir the noodles to break them apart.
- Add the pre-cooked chicken
- Add the mushrooms
- When the noodles are par-cooked add 1/2 the cilantro, reserving the rest for garnish
- Turn off the heat and let it stand in the pan for 1 minute.
- Pour everything into a bowl then add the green onion and cilantro
- Squeeze lime over the noodles
- Add ½ tsp of sriracha (optional) if you want a little kick. We highly recommend the sriracha.
Warning This has lots of sodium between the Pho Broth and the Seasoning Packet. If you want to cut some of the sodium we suggest that you omit the seasoning packet from the noodles and just using the broth. Or simply add a half packet. Depending on which Pho base you select the nutritional values may change. Always check the label of the product you are using in the recipe and factor that information accordingly. Vegans/Vegetarian - Substitute tofu for chicken or used a plant based chicken product, Vegetable Pho in lieu of beef pho.
Serving: 2gCalories: 231kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 8gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 1354mgPotassium: 212mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 264IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!