Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes
These baked tomatoes are stuffed with spinach and can be a side dish or the star of the plate. We add feta cheese and breadcrumb to ours but really the sky is the limit to what you can stuff inside these little lovelies.
Avg Cost Per Serving $4.91
Avg Recipe Cost $9.83
- Wash and cut the top off the stem side of each tomato
- Core out the inside of the tomato and discard
- Generously salt the inside of each
- Place them face side down on a paper towel for 30 minutes
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in medium frying pan turn to low heat
- Add the garlic
- After 1 minute when the garlic becomes fragrant add the spinach
- Cook until the spinach is wilted
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients with the spinach and garlic
- Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture
- Place in a baking dish or baking sheet
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top
- Bake for 20 minutes covered and uncover for 10 minutes for a total cooking time of 30 minutes
If you are on a budget, or making this as a side dish you can swap out the Beefsteak tomatoes for different less expensive tomatoes. Romas hold up quite well, just be sure to adjust cooking time for smaller tomatoes.
Calories: 235kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 10gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 2930mgPotassium: 364mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1225IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 287mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!