Rolled Stuffed Pork Loin
We slice open this roast and fill it with proscuitto ham, spinach, apples, and onion and a tiny bit of cheese. We top the roast with fresh sage and ground sage for fall flavor and a nice brown coloring.
Avg Cost Per Serving $2.50
Avg Recipe Cost $20.00
- Baking Pan or Cassoulete
- 3.5 Lb Pork Roast
- 1 Apple Peeled, Cored, Sliced Thin
- 3 Oz Ham We use Prosciutto sliced paper thin
- 1 Onion Rough cut
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Minced
- 2 Cups Spinach Leaves
- 2 Tsp Grated Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Sage Leaves Chopped
- 1 Tsp Ground Sage
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- Starting with a whole roast
- Holding your hand very flat slice the roast to half its thickness without cutting all the way through. Slice it like you are making a book.
- Then slice it again on both sides to open it up further (this is a little tricky because you do not want to cut open the seam of your book)
- Wash your hands well
- Pre heat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Wash and Peel and core the apple
- Using a separate clean cutting board and knife cut the apple into small slices
- Rough cut the onion
- Mince the garlic
- Set the apple onion and garlic aside
- Layer the Prosciutto on the pork
- Add the apple mixture ton top of the prosciutto to the middle 3rd way in of the pork so you will be able to roll it. Stay away from the ends as much as possible.
- Cut 3 to 4 pieces of butcher twine and have them ready to tie the roast as you roll it
- Place your rolled roast in a braising dish or baking pan
- Place in the middle rack of the oven and cook for 25 minutes, take the temperature of the meat it must be cooked to at least 145 before removing it to rest. I like to temp the interior of the roast as well to make sure they are also at temp.
- Rest the stuffed roast 10 minutes before slicing into it to maintain the juices
- Serve with wild rice and carrots or a spinach stuffed tomato
Calories: 319kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 48gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 249mgPotassium: 866mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 727IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 41mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!