Pickled Red Onion
Onions never tasted so good. These pickled onions are perfect for burgers or on a salad!
Avg Cost Per Serving .38
Avg Recipe Cost 1.52
- 1 Small Mason Jar w/ Lid
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Hot Water
- 1/2 Cup Mirin
- 1 Tsp Pickling Spice
- Peel and wash the onion
- Slice the onion thin
- Set the sliced onions aside
- Add the sugar to a mason jar
- Add the salt to a mason jar
- Add the hot water to dissolve the salt and sugar
- Add the sliced onions to the jar
- Add the pickling spice and the mirin
- Place the lid on the jar and shake until all is well blended
We like to add these wonderful crunchy pickled onions to salads, burgers, sandwiches and even asian noodles. They are so easy to make and are a great way to use up the rest of a red onion.
Calories: 54kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 0.2gFat: 0.1gSaturated Fat: 0.02gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.02gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.01gSodium: 372mgPotassium: 25mgFiber: 0.3gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 3IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 7mgIron: 0.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!