Mason Jar Green Salad w Chicken Recipe
I hardly think that anyone needs a recipe to make a salad, however we know when trying to eat Keto even a salad can be challenging. We put in all our favorites veggies and some grilled chicken.
Avg Cost Per Serving $2.17
Avg Recipe Cost $2.17
- 1 Cup Lettuce
- 1/4 Cup Spinach Leaves
- 1/4 Cup Zucchini
- 1/4 Cup Broccoli
- 1 Ounce Radish
- 1/2 Ounce Carrot
- 1 Cup Pre-cooked Chicken
- Wash your lettuce, set aside to dry
- Wash Your zucchini, set aside to dry
- Wash your broccoli radishes and carrot, set aside to dry
- If you are using bagged spinach and it is triple washed already there is no need to wash it.
- Remove your pre-grilled chicken breast from the fridge and slice it into long strips
- Pour your favorite low carb salad dressing in the bottom of the mason jar
- Peel and slice the carrot
- Add the sliced carrots and the radishes to the bottom of the jar as these will not absorb the dressing as much as the other veggies.
- Slice the broccoli in bite sized pieces and add it to the jar
- Place the spinach and the lettuce on top
- Then add your sliced chicken
- Place the lid on the jar but do not shake it up.
- When ready to eat she the jar with the lid on and pour onto a plate or bowl.
You may also add your favorite cheese to make the salad even heartier. Nutritional information for salad dressing not included in totals -Use your favorite low carb salad dressing and add any additional data. In the plated photo we garnished our salad with tomato and olives for color- This was not included in nutritional information.
Calories: 152kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 12gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 82mgPotassium: 510mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 3714IUVitamin C: 36mgCalcium: 54mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!