Korean Beef Rice Bowl
This bowl of beefy goodness has become one of our favorites. Its slightly sweet and spicy flavors keeps you craving another bite. It comes together quite quickly so it is a great meal when you are short on time or can be made up 3 days ahead for meal prep.
Avg Cost Per Serving $1.04
Avg Recipe Cost $5.09
- Add the brown sugar to a bowl
- Add the soy sauce
- Add the red pepper flake
- Add the ground ginger
- Add the Sesame Oil
- Peel and mince the garlic
- Peel the ginger with a spoon and mince
- Add oil to the pan over medium low heat
- Add the garlic and ginger to the warm pan
- Once you can smell the garlic and ginger (1 min or so) Add the ground beef
- Raise the heat to medium once all the beef is in the pan
- Mash the beef down so that it fills the pan and will cook evenly
- Brown the meat until there is no more noticeable pink meat
- Add the sauce to the meat and continue cooking for 3 minutes stirring to combine
- Remove from heat and add the green onion
- Serve over rice or vegetables and garnish with more green onion and fresh raw carrot
- Can be saved to be served family style for up to 3 days
Add more or less red pepper flake or add Sriracha sauce to adjust the heat We serve this dish over Jasmine white rice (not calculated in nutritional total) however you can serve over lettuce, pea pods, or brown rice. Over a cup of white rice you will add 225 more calories A half cup of white rice with a full serving of beef puts you right under 500 calories!
Calories: 413kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 22gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 684mgPotassium: 600mgFiber: 2gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 5542IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 60mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!