Hard Boiled Eggs
Eggs should be a regular staple on your weekly meal prep menu. They are healthy, versatile, and simple to make. Eggs are a budget buster for all that they have to offer in the way of protein and other goodness.
Avg Cost Per Serving .75
Avg Recipe Cost $1.50
- 1 Slotted Spoon
- 4 Eggs
- Fill a sauce pan with water and bring it to a boil on high heat
- Add the eggs one at a time using a plastic slotted spoon
- Turn down the flame so that the eggs a rolling slowly in the water
- Cook for 11-12 minutes depending on the size of the eggs
- Remove the eggs and place into an ice bath
- To peel the eggs tap each side on a paper towel placed on a hard surface
- Pick a small amount of shell from the wider side of the egg to reveal the inside
- Using a spoon, slide the tip between the shell and the membrane of the egg and twist slightly to remove the shell
- Work your way around the outside of the egg
- Dip the spoon in some water for more even peeling
- When peeled place the egg into some water and dry it with a paper towel
Farm fresh eggs will run you a little money more compared to store purchased eggs. In our opinion, they are so much more flavorful. There is some evidence that they contain more nutrients than store bought. In costing this recipe we used a high quality store bought egg price.
Calories: 126kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 11gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 327mgSodium: 125mgPotassium: 121mgSugar: 1gVitamin A: 475IUCalcium: 49mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!