Fall Inspired Buddha Bowl
Butternut Squash makes this Buddah Bowl burst with Autumn flavors. We call it Fall Inspired but that does not mean that you can't eat it all year long. Butternut and Quinoa are a match made in heaven. This bowl is delicious and good for you!
- 2 Cups Butter Nut Squash
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 8 Oz Spinach
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa
- Peel and cut the squash or buy it pre-cut and skip this step
- Place the squash a bowl or a baggie
- Add the salt
- Add the thyme
- Add the garlic powder
- Add the cinnamon
- Add the olive oil and mix
- Preheat the oven If you have larger chunks you may want to roast them at 385F if smaller 425F is perfect
- Spread the squash onto a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper, this make clean up so much easier.
- Pop the squash into the pre-heated oven. After 15 minutes turn the squash carefully with a spatuala add the paprika.
- let it cook for 8-10 minutes more until a fork is inserted and the squash is tender.
- Once you taste the squash you will be tempted to eat it all, it is a a mouthful of sweet goodness but if you want to have the Buddha bowl you will need to set it aside to cool in a bowl or container. If you plan to have the bowls later in the week. Go ahead and just refrigerate the squash.
- To make the bowls, we used premade quinoa, spinach and a pre-made hard boiled egg.
- Add the cold quinoa to on side of the bowl, add some raw spinach to the other side and place a large spoonful of the cooled yummy the squash right in the middle. Add in the half of an egg this really adds to the richness of the bowl. We used radishes for color but was not necessary for the flavor.
- This bowl does not need a dressing maybe just add some olive oil. If you insist on dressing it pur suggestion would be an apple maple syrup dressing made with dijon. (recipe coming soon)
- You can make this and store in a mason jar for up to 3 days. Beyond that the sqaush will begin to break down.
If you are going to store in a mason jar and insist on dressing the bowl. Add the dressing at the bottom of the bowl then add the spinach and layer with the quinoa and the squash.
Calories: 222kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 9gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 667mgPotassium: 768mgFiber: 6gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 12926IUVitamin C: 32mgCalcium: 126mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!