Bok Choy Stir Fry w Beef Recipe
Bok Choy (aka Asian Cabbage) takes center stage in this delicious stir fry. Low in calories it comes in around 221 calories and so healthy! With the calorie count so low you could serve with your favorite grain. This could easily be a vegetarian option by omitting the beef, using vegetable stock, and black bean sauce in lieu of the oyster sauce.
Avg Cost Per Serving $2.42
Avg Recipe Cost $7.27
Stir Fry Sauce
The Stir Fry
- 3 Cups Bok Choy
- 1/4 Lb Beef Cut into thin strips for stir fry
- 1/4 Cup Pea Pods
- 1/2 Cup Carrots
- 1/4 Cup Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 Tsp Garlic
- 2 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Green onion Chopped
- Separate the Bok choy by pulling the leave apart
- Wash the Bok choy and other veggies, set aside to dry. Pat with a paper towel before adding to hot oil or they will splatter oil.
- Whisk the ingredients for the sauce together
- Add the 3/4 of the oil to your wok on high heat
- Add in the vegetables one by one starting with the carrots, them the peppers onions, and, pea pods. Stir to keep them from burning
- Lower heat to med high
- Add in the bok choy, ginger, and the garlic
- Push all the veggies to the side and add the remaining oil
- Drop in the stir fry beef and cook until it is browned do not over cook it or it will be tough
- Add the sauce cook for 3 minutes to incorporate it all together
- Add the sesame oil and cook for 1-2 minutes more
- Garnish with the green onion and serve
Serve over Jasmine rice, asian noodles, or other favorite grain. The first time we made this we added the corn starch to the beef. I do not recommend doing this a it made a sticky mess in the wok to start. We have made it since and simply mix the cornstarch with the sauce. In the video we made this using some zucchini slices and while it was delish for the meal, the leftover meal prep dish was too watery- If you are planning to eat this as a meal prep do not use zucchini.
Calories: 221kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 12gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 1678mgPotassium: 524mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 7173IUVitamin C: 56mgCalcium: 106mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!